Privacy & Security
Information notice on processing of personal data for commercial purposes pursuant to article 13 Legislative Decree 196/2003 and art. 13 EU Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR – general data protection regulation).
Pursuant to art. 13 of the legislative decree no. 196/2003, and art. 13 of the EU Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR) concerning protection of persons with respect to processing of their personal data, please find below the procedures for and principles underlying personal data processing adopted by GABEL Industria Tessile Spa.
Data collection modality
1a) Browsing data
The IT systems and IT programs used for operation of the website www.gabelgroup.com of GABEL Industria Tessile Spa collect some personal data, the transmission of which is implicit in use of the normal Internet communication protocols (e.g. IP addresses or domain names of the computers used by the users, the URI -Uniform Resource Identifier- addresses of the resources requested, time of the request, method used to submit the request to the server, dimension of the file obtained in response, numerical code indicating the status of the response provided by the server -successful, error, etc.- and other parameters relative to the operating system and IT environment of the user), in addition to data and information concerning website browsing modalities, for example information relative to purchases finalized or partially completed (e.g. categories of products visited, placing of products in the shopping basket, purchase not completed, etc.). Although this information is not collected in order to be associated with identified data subjects, it could, by its very nature, via processing and association with data held by third parties, allow identification of the users.
These data are not subject to profiling and are used for the sole purpose of obtaining statistical information, not associated with any user identification data, on use of the website and to control correct functioning thereof, and are erased immediately after processing.
The data could furthermore be used to ascertain liability in the case of hypothetical cybercrime damaging the website.
1b) Data voluntarily provided by the user
This data category comprises the personal data already spontaneously transmitted by the data subject to the Data Controller in the course of commercial contacts or contacts by email, post, visits to the premises of GABEL Industria Tessile Spa, meetings, events, trade-fairs etc. or by means of other communication tools.
No submission of personal data by the user is required to use and consult the www.gabelgroup.com website. However, any contacts with GABEL Industria Tessile Spa, via the customer service centre or the optional, explicit and spontaneous sending of messages, either email or traditional mail, to the GABEL Industria Tessile Spa contacts indicated in the website entail subsequent acquisition of the address, including email, of the sender or relative telephone number, necessary to reply to the requests, and any other personal data contained in the relative communications. These data will be used for the sole purpose of following up the user’s request and may be communicated to third parties only if necessary for said purpose.
2) Purpose of the processing
More specifically, your personal data are processed:
2a) Without your express consent (art. 24 letter a), b), c) Leg. Decree 196/2003 and art. 6 letter b), e) GDPR), for the following purposes:
- to fulfil the pre-contract and contract obligations arising from business relations to be established with the data subject;
- to stipulate sale contracts for the products of GABEL Industria Tessile Spa;
- to stipulate supply contracts for products and services to be supplied to GABEL Industria Tessile Spa;
- to fulfil pre-contract, contract and fiscal obligations arising from existing commercial relations with you;
- to fulfil the obligations established by the law, by a regulation, by EU legislation or by an order of the Authority (for example, concerning anti money laundering);
- to exercise the rights of the Data Controller, for example the right to legal defence.
2b) Only with your specific and distinct consent (art. 23 and 130 Italian Data Protection Act and art. 7 GDPR), for the following Marketing Purposes:
- to send you by email, post and/or text message and/or telephone contacts, newsletters, sales communications and/or advertising material on products or services offered by GABEL Industria Tessile Spa and
- to send you requests for information or carry out customer satisfaction surveys;
- to send you by email, post and/or text message and/or telephone contacts, third party sales and/or promotional communications.
3) Nature of the data provision and consequences of refusal to respond
Provision of the data for the purposes specified in art. 2.a) is mandatory and in the event of refusal to provide them, it will not be possible to carry out the purposes detailed in point 2).
Provision of the data for the purposes specified in art. 2.b) is optional. You may therefore decide not to provide any data or to subsequently deny the possibility of processing data already provided: in this case, you will not be able to receive newsletters, sales communications and advertising material concerning the Services offered by the Data Controller. You will continue to be entitled to the Services in point 2a).
4) Processing modality
The data will be processed by personnel appointed by GABEL Industria Tessile Spa using procedures, technical and IT tools appropriate to safeguarding the confidentiality and safety of your data; the processing consists of collection, recording, organisation, storage, consultation, processing, alteration, selection, retrieval, alignment, use, combination, blocking, disclosure, dissemination, erasure and destruction of said data including the combination of two or more of the above-mentioned activities.
In carrying out its business and for the purposes indicated above, GABEL Industria Tessile Spa can avail itself of services rendered by third parties who operate on behalf of the same and according to its instructions, as data processors.
Therefore, in the management of your data, the latter may be communicated to the following categories of internal appointees (employees) and/or external appointees designated in writing and to whom specific written instructions have been given:
- Employees of the undersigned company;
- Specialist companies that provide processing and instrumental services (e.g. consumer service, IT services for operation of the website), their employees and collaborators, in their capacity as persons in charge of processing or external data processors;
- business administration and management professionals or service companies who operate on behalf of GABEL Industria Tessile Spa.
5) Storage period
All the above-mentioned data and other data constituting your state of service will be stored also after termination of the commercial relationship for the time necessary to fulfil the above purposes and in any case for no more than 10 years from termination of the above-mentioned commercial relationship, in compliance with the provisions of law established for administrative and fiscal obligations and relative to the storage of commercial correspondence. For the marketing purposes established by point 2b), no longer than 2 years from collection of the data or from the last updating of the relative data. If no updating of the data takes place within the above-mentioned term, the data will be erased from our files.
Your data will not be disseminated.
6) Rights of the data subject
In addition to the above, we inform you that pursuant to the current regulatory provisions as indicated above you have the right to:
1. Receive confirmation of the existence of the personal data concerning you, in addition to access to and communication in a comprehensible form of said data and the origin thereof, and the logic on which the processing is based.
2. Obtain erasure, transfer and portability of the data also in an anonymous form or blocking of the data processed.
3. Obtain updating, rectification or, if of interest, integration of the data.
4. Withdraw consent to processing of the data.
5. Limit the processing of the data.
6. Obtain indication of the subjects or categories of subjects to whom the personal data can be communicated.
7. Lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority (Data Protection Authority).
8. Object to processing of the personal data and to the profiling thereof.
The above rights are contained in art. 7 - 8 and 13 of the Legislative Decree 196/2003 – and art. 15 to 22 of the EU Reg. 2016/679 - GDPR.
8) Data Controller
Gabel Industria Tessile Spa